If you need to have you bathroom remodeled to accommodate handicap access, here are a few important facts that you need to know before hiring anyone to help you with ideas for bathroom remodeling or bathroom remodeling design.
1. Part of remodeling a bathroom to make it handicap friendly means expanding the doorway to about 36 inches wide to accommodate a turn from a hallway into the bathroom while using a wheel chair. One of the benefits of hiring bathroom remodeling companies is that they will be more than accustomed to these regulations and will be able to help you with all the planning.
2. Once inside the bathroom, the person using a walker or wheelchair needs to have enough space to turn around completely. This turning radius is typically 60 inches of clear space in the center of a handicapped bathroom.
3. In a bathroom used by an individual in a wheelchair, the sink needs to be open underneath, so the wheelchair user can wheel straight up to it.
4. A walk in bathtub is one that uses a vacuum seal to shut a door that allows access to the tub without allowing water to leak out. Bathroom remodeling companies can help you to design one to allow the best and easiest handicap access to these showers.
5. Grab bars help those with disabilities in the bathroom whether they are in the tub and shower or near the toilet. Bathroom remodeling costs should make sure to account for their instillation since they are very necessary. See more.
Trackback from your site.