The kitchen remodel has begun, and while you know that it will not be finished by Thanksgiving, you feel as if the much needed changes will be worth the effort, expense, and inconvenience. The fact that you are finally going to have a dishwasher that matches you refrigerator and oven again is enough to make you remain patient. When you enter your house from the garage the first thing you see is the kitchen, and the fact that you have been walking into a kitchen with unmatched appliances is no fun. From the worn wood floors to the constant oven and dishwasher repairs, the state of your current kitchen is depressing.
Even though it means that you will be celebrating Thanksgiving in someone else’s kitchen, you are excited that it will be someone else’s dishwasher and sink getting a workout after the meal.
Kitchen Remodeling Projects Add Value to Your Homes
Nothing makes a home look newer and operate more functionally than a newly remodeled kitchen. The renovated space that families create in the kitchen are some of the most used locations in a house, and for this reason it is important to make sure that space is just the way you want it. Finding the right way to make sure that your kitchen is updated involves a combination of finding the best appliances and working with the best contractors.
Finding a contractor who can provide quick, reliable, and friendly services is an asset to a job of any size. Whether you are preparing to update a 20 year old kitchen or you are making selections for the kitchen in a new home, some of the most important decisions involve appliances, flooring, cabinets, and contractors. From the kitchen to the bathroom, and from laundry rooms to the bedrooms, it is important that you make the improvements that you need to make your house a home.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the renovation industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- The average cost to repair an appliance in the year 2014 was $254 to $275.
- Although a refrigerator should should last 13 years it has to be replaced, 36% of side-by-side refrigerator and freezers with icemakers break within three to four years. If you add an ice maker, refrigerators can also have problems. In fact, 28% of refrigerators with bottom or top freezers with icemakers break within three to four years.
- Although a wahing machine should last 10 years before it has to be replaced, 25% of front-loading washing machines break within three to four years.
- Although a dishwasher should last nine years before it has to be replaced, 20% of dishwashers break within three to four years.
- Finding a reliable set of appliances and working with the right contractor can help you achieve the space that you want.
When was the last time you updated your kitchen? Making the decision to update a kitchen or a bathroom is a decision that not only improves your enjoyment of your home, but also adds to the value of a property.