One of the least fun parts of homeownership is dealing with roof replacement and repair. If you are looking to replace your roof, you have a lot of options. One versatile kind is aluminum roofing. Residential and commercial roofing companies will tell you that there are a lot of benefits to this kind of roofing.
- It will last you a very long time. While traditional roofs can last up to 30 years, the average lifespan is about 20. Metal roofing that has been treated with an aluminum alloy will last you much longer than that. Aluminum roofing can last as long as a century. Other metal roofs can last about 50 years. That means if you replace your roof with this kind of metal roof, it will most likely last you the rest of the time you live in the home.
- Aluminum roofing needs little maintenance. Most shingle roofs need a lot of repair. Homeowners with traditional roofing can expect to spend between 1 and 4% of the home’s value every year. That is a lot of money and it adds up. This is because wind and water wear down the shingles. If these repairs are not done, a lot of damage can be done to the home itself. Metal roofers say that the roofs they install do not damage as easily and therefore do not need as much work.
- You will protect your home with aluminum roofing. This kind of roofing can withstand winds up to 140 miles per hour. During a strong storm, these roofs keep your home safe. Moreover, unlike traditional roofing, this is not threatened by fire, water damage from rain, or problems due to hail or snow.
- This kind of roofing will cut your energy bills. Traditional shingled roofs absorb the heat from the sun and end up heating the house. Aluminum roofing reflects a lot of that heat and keeps the home cool. This reflective nature of the aluminum roofing can save a homeowner up to 25% off of their energy bills. the sun. By using less energy, you reduce your carbon footprint.
- They are great for the environment. Traditional shingle roofing is made from single use materials and is the reason that billions of pounds of asphalt wind up being sent to United States landfills every year. On the flip side of that you have aluminum roofing. The roofs themselves are made up of recycled material. At least 30 to 60% of the materials used in this kind of roofing was recycled. When the roof has reached the end of its lifespan, the entire thing can be recycled.
- These roofs put less pressure on your home’s structure. These roofs usually weigh about 30% of what a traditional roof will weigh. This is very good for your home’s structure. This also means if you live in an area with a lot of snow, you have less to worry about in terms of the snow crushing your roof.
- They come in a variety of styles and colors. Traditional roofing mostly looks the same but there is a lot of variety in metal roofing. Aluminum roofing can come in standing vertical panels, shingles, tiles, shakes and slates. Additionally, it can be painted in a wide range of colors. The paint that is used on this kind of roofing is very durable. You can get metal roofing in just about any style you want to match any design of home you have.
- These roofs add curb appeal. While people claim that they do not notice what roofs look like but the opposite is true. People often say that homes with metal roofs are more attractive than ones with traditional roofs.
Aluminum roofing adds a lot of value to your home. The resale value is improved by the better appearance; the energy savings the homeowners get; the protection from the elements such as wind, rain and sun; the environmental benefits of being able to recycle the roof and the low maintenance needs. This is probably why more and more people are turning to aluminum roofing when they have to replace their roofs. Make sure you ask your residential roofing company if they think this kind of roof can be installed on your home.
You must be logged in to post a comment.