The changes started small. First you covered the childhood murals in the basement with white a flat white pant. Next you convinced your husband to tear down the brightly colored shower curtains that he had so painstakingly hung two decades ago. Because you did not have the money to professionally finish the basement, you instead turned the basement into a great play space for your two daughters. With your youngest daughter heading off to college, you have finally decided that this is the time to help your basement grow up. By eliminating the childhood murals and the funky basement drapes, you are finally on your way to making the changes that you have wanted.
After those first small steps, you started the real preparations for finishing the basement. You have selected a low and thick shag carpet for the main room, and you are in the process of selecting a tile that will be used in both the small kitchen area and the bathroom.
Are You in the Process of Updating Your Unfinished Basement?
When was the last time you began a remodeling project in your home? From selecting the new shag carpet for a newly refinished space to the custom cut rugs that are needed for a more formal dining space in the main part of the home, there are a number of flooring options that are available. Shag rugs provide a soft and comfortable basis for any room and there are also a number of custom rugs that can provide a a more formal look to the largest of rooms. Consider some of these statistics about the many ways that you can create the perfect space in your home by selecting the right kind of flooring options:
- 48% of home owners planned to decorate their homes in 2018, according to a Houzz study. All of these decorating plans require the selection of a flooring option.
- More than 33% of respondents indicate that they would choose a neutral color palette if redecorating their home, according to a 2017 interior design trends survey.
- The latest research indicates that carpets can significantly reduce allergens. In Sweden, for example, when carpet usage decreased by 70%, allergic reactions within the general population increased by as much as 30%.
- A rug’s edges should ideally be 12 to 14 inches from the perimeter of a room.
- Only 20% of Americans feel happy with their home decor, according to a HomeGoods survey.
- 44% of Americans say the overall look of their homes is a traditional style, followed by 22% modern, 13% eclectic, 10% country, and 2% global.
From the shag carpet that you select for a family room to the more traditional custom carpets for a formal dining space, there are many flooring selections that need to be made when you renovate any space in your home.
You must be logged in to post a comment.