Someday you hope that you are going to be able to spend some time staining the concrete on the back patio. Unfortunately, the weather has not been cooperating. One spring storm after another has caused you spend both time and money on the repairs that are needed to recover from these storms. You have insurance, but there are always deductibles that need to be paid, and depreciations to account for. As a result, staining concrete on the front porch or on the back patio keeps getting put on hold.
Property owners often have long lists of tasks and projects that they want to complete. And while there are many times when exterior projects include roofs, windows, gutters, and siding, there are other ways that you can also add to the beauty of a property. From a simple organic concrete sealer to a specifically selected shade of staining concrete, there are additional ways that you can create a unique space for your home.
Color Matching for Concrete Is Similar to Wood Stains Color Selection
Many people are use to looking at paint color samples when it comes to interior walls and exterior siding, but the fact of the matter is there are also opportunities to tint various kinds of concrete sealing products. Consider these facts and figures about the various ways that paints and stains can be used to make a property be its very best:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) levels over 500 parts per billion (ppb) could cause problems for people with chemical sensitivities, according to a report by CBC Marketplace.
- More than a third of respondents said they would choose a neutral color palette if redecorating their home, according to a 2017 interior design trends survey, a trend which can continue outside as well.
- If the flooring in a home is more than one year old, many of the VOCs will have dissipated already. But if a you are installing new flooring or painting your floor, it is important to select an organic option and use painting materials that are VOC-free.
- Studies have shown that levels of several organics average two to five times higher indoors than outdoors. When inhaled, these organics can contribute to various kinds of health problems.
- Although there are many reasons that people make different color preferences, Zillow’s 2017 Paint Colors Analysis indicates that homes with blue bathrooms sold for $5,400 more than expected.
If you are someone who is able to focus on ideas beyond the basic exterior projects that most people need to spend their money on, you might get to the point where you are able to even able to make decisions like staining concrete and other specific touches.