Some people are meticulous about following directions, others are more haphazard and careless. When it comes to something as important as the installation of new floor, however, it is essential that installation instructions are followed exactly.
Whether you are considering engineered bamboo flooring reviews or you are looking at the least expensive types of bamboo flooring, it is always important that you make sure the project is completed by someone who is excellent at reading and following directions. From the traditional block and tap method to ensure a snug fit to making sure that you are using the best bamboo hardwood flooring materials, it is essential that this process is carefully considered. Given that a home is the biggest investment most Americans will ever make, it is always important to make sure that you are willing to demand high quality products and craftsmanship if you are going to upgrade the flooring in your home.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the bamboo flooring industry and the many reasons that it continues to grow in popularity:
- Hardwood trees, which are typically used in traditional wood flooring, can take upwards of twenty years or more to reach maturity.
- In comparison, bamboo is made from natural vegetation. In fact, the bamboo plant is a highly renewable resource that is able to grow to maturity in as few as three to five years.
- Engineered bamboo floors can be refinished up to two times.
- In contrast, strand woven solid bamboo floors can be refinished two to four times.
- The Janka test is typically used to determine the hardness of bamboo flooring. This test measures the force required to embed an 11.28 millimeter (0.444 inch) steel ball into wood to half its diameter (0.222 inch). This method results in an 100 square millimeters indention in size.
- The greatest majority of strand woven bamboo and eucalyptus lots tend to be in the 3,000 to 4,000 Janka range.
It is often important to make sure that installation instructions are followed in many different situations. When it comes to the installation of a traditional wood floor or a bamboo engineered floor, it is especially important to make sure that details are carefully following to create a flooring service that will last.