High powered LED lighting has many benefits when compared to traditional lighting. LED’s are comprised of small individual light bulbs, as opposed to the single large one. These LED clusters help produce a solid and seamless light that is capable of lasting much longer than alternatives. LED stands for ‘light emitting diodes’ and they have been constantly rising in popularity since their invention in the 1960’s.
The 21st century has seen an even greater rise in the use of LED cluster lights as more consumers see the advantages over fluorescent and incandescent lighting options. A few of the most significant benefits can include:
- Efficiency. High intensity LEDs are not only more powerful than traditional options, but they also can use up to 90 percent less power than traditional options. Because they are cheaper to use than other options this can translate into a lower monthly energy bill for you home.
- Longevity. LED lights can run for 60,000 hours, and when compared to incandescent bulbs, which have a lifespan of 1,500, it’s easy to see why so many people are switching. On average, good LED lights can last up to 7 years before needing to be replaced. Between this and the lower cost of operation, this can go a long way towards saving money on energy.
- Durability. LED lights use semiconductor materials as opposed to neon gas or filaments. Because of this, an LED light is comprised of a tiny chip which is enclosed in a small epoxy plant. What this means is that it is sturdier overall than traditional incandescent bulbs which can be prone to breaking if handled incorrectly.
- Safety. Traditional light bulbs can get scorching hot if left on for too long; however LED clusters can be left for hours without heating up. This not only helps prevent accidents, but it can also lower the risk of fire.
- Eco-Friendly. LED lights are constructed on non-toxic materials which makes them recyclable and eco-friendly. Neon lighting, on the other hand, utilizes mercury, a toxic substance that can harm both you and the environment.
- Colors LEDs are also available in a wide variety of colors. This makes them great for ambient lighting, signage, and holiday lights. These LED clusters can also be mixed to produce even more color combinations, allowing you to create cleaner, richer colors, when compared to standard lights which utilize filters to create their colors.
- Long Term Use. LED lighting is quickly rising to overtake other options, and is becoming the standard in millions of homes and offices across the United States. Additionally, as the technology advances, even brighter options are becoming available! As more people switch, overall electricity usage goes down, while the environment benefits from the positive aspects. While it may seem like a simple switch, it can have long term effects for both you and the world.
LED lighting has been around for a little over 50 years, and in that time has seen many advancements that have propelled it into the limelight. As more and more people come to understand the benefits of LED cluster lighting, it is quickly becoming one of the most popular options in America. If you want a lighting option that lasts longer and saves you money in the long term, LEDs are an option worth considering.