When doing bathroom remodeling, you have to be specific about the areas and improvements to make. Note that your family needs to feel comfortable and having an attractive and functional bathroom is one way to make them feel so. As much as you know the average cost of adding a bathroom to a home, remodeling can prove hectic without proper guidance.
The cost of the remodeling project is among the factors you should be keen on. Unlike the average cost of new bathroom installation, remodeling can be more or less costly, depending on your project plan. Seek expert help to differentiate the remodeling costs and the average cost to build a new bathroom. When you have proper guidance before implementing the project, you easily meet your project.
You should understand that glass and mirror installation are among the many bathroom improvements you can consider and implement in your home. It will be easier to add lighting and make your bathroom energy efficient with such remodels. Shower replacement is also a bathroom remodel you can implement in your home. You, however, need guidance on the average cost of shower renovation before proceeding with your plan. Note that the financial plan and budget you create should be proportional to your bathroom remodeling plan.
There’s no doubt that homeowners love to remodel their bathrooms. This is evidenced by a survey by the National Association of Home Builders, which indicates that bathroom remodeling is the most requested job in the United States and accounts for 78% of renovations.
When it comes to bathroom remodeling, it’s been found that four out of five homeowners are looking to replace major features such as counter tops, sinks, showers and flooring as far as bathrooms are concerned. If you’re looking to revamp your bathroom, here are some DIY tips to pulling it off perfectly:
- Have A Plan: It doesn’t matter whether you need to put in a new toilet, new flooring or even cleaning things up with some storage, you need to have a plan. Without a plan, it’s easy for your project to go off the rails and before long you’re putting in calls to flooring companies because you need help.
- Leave plumbing alone: Even if you’ve got ideas about changing up everything in your bathroom, it would be wise to leave plumbing alone. It can cost extra money to install new showers and tubs and it can be tricky business trying to reroute plumbing. The best thing to do is put in a new toilet or maybe some new facet knobs to make things look fresh.
- Add some mirrors: Believe it or not, mirrors can add a lot of character to a bathroom. A mirror, even a small one can help visually expanded a space and adding a colorful frame around a mirror is certain to catch a person’s eye when they walk in.
- Leave the toilet: It’s already been established that replacing a toilet—or any kind of plumbing—can add hundreds of dollars to a remodeling project. If you think it’s a worthwhile venture, go right ahead. But you can spruce things up just as easily by replacing the toilet seat, replacing the toilet lid or even putting a colorful cover on the lid to make things look new.
- Invest in some furniture: Furniture is one of the biggest purchases (and most expensive purchases) a homeowner can make. But it’s worth it to get good, quality pieces that are going to last a long time. The same can be said of bathroom furniture. No one is suggesting that you have to put a rocking chair or a sofa in your bathroom area, but a few small and well-placed pieces of furniture can add some extra to a bathroom, not to mention covering up imperfections. If nothing else, get yourself some kind of organizer to store things like towels and toiletries.
- Consider alternatives for bathroom flooring: It seems like tile and bathroom flooring go hand-in-hand, but there are other options. Talking to flooring companies can open your eyes to other options such as tile-looking replacements. Some of the alternatives that flooring companies may suggest can take a little more to maintain, but they can add a fresh look to your bathroom if that’s what you’re going for.
- Add Shelves: Bathrooms aren’t always the roomiest places and it’s easy for a bathroom to feel cramped and cluttered. This can be avoided by adding something to take away that clutter like shelving. Shelving can easily store your towels, toiletries and other handy items. This way you know where everything is and you won’t have to empty drawers and closets trying to find what you need.
Whether you use bathroom remodeler and flooring companies to make your bathroom look new or you take on the whole thing yourself as a DIY project, the possibilities are endless when it comes to pulling off a bathroom remodel. Not only will it look great and fresh, but it will add value to your home and could offer a return on investment as much as 86.4%.
If you’re looking for ideas to pull off your bathroom remodeling project, the Internet is full of ideas and whether you go to Pinterest or another site, you can find plenty of examples to transform your bathroom just the way you want.